Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Check the Floor...

This is a song I wrote recently...I've come out of a dry spell and have been writing daily...yay!!!
A little bit on the cheesy side, but just imagine it with an acoustic guitar playing along happily in the background.
Inspired by a line in the song "God's Bathroom Floor" by Atmosphere
(Warning: Don't Google it, the song is pretty explicit and has almost nothing to do with the one I wrote seen here)

“God's got nice tiles”

Squares underneath my feet spin round and round
as I dance in circles to music in my head
circles, squares, and lines
this geometry is a mystery to me
but since when did the tiles on the floor
become a metaphor?

And everything in life seems shades of grey
but its really all black and white
and by the time that the whole truth has come out
who cares if you're wrong or you're right?
And does it really matter what road we choose
if we get to where we're going?
What if we spin too fast
and as we're slowing down we pass our destination not knowing?

And if I get lost on the way
who's gonna say
"You need to turn around?"

I get dizzy easily;
if you can’t help me
you'll surely find me on the ground.


Oh, and math and geometry really do make me dizzy.

4 comments:

helgaruth said...

You have some beautiful imagery here. I think the writing definately reflects the melancholiness of where you're at right now. I love the contrast of the title and the content. Keep your chin up sis - this to shall pass.

chicklegirl said...

I'm glad for you; it's such a relief to be writing again after a long dry spell! And this isn't cheesy at all. My favorite lines are: "and by the time that the whole truth has come out/who cares if you're wrong or you're right?"

helgaruth said...

Ok, so the mystery of where my response to your poem went has been solved. It's right here. In my enthusiasm I -duh - obviously missed your song. I just love to obeserve your creativity. Keep it up I think it's probably cathartic and renewing for you to have the outlet. I love you! Hope you had a great B-day!

chckkysmile said...

thanks, sistahs.
The great thing is about being where I'm at right now, physically, mentally, all of it, is that I really don't feel unhappy.
I feel very fulfilled and having creative outlets like writing and playing with my band have really helped me to feel more whole. Also going through old things of mine has helped me to process and let go of a lot of stuff. And...I'm working in the Garden!!! So many things bringing me peace right now, I feel awesome.