Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dreams be Dreams

Twists and Weaves
Thrusts and Heaves
black and grey
it coils then spreads
across my sky it lays
I turn and dreams become real
as I drift to sleep
and see his face.

He beckons me; reaches out
I follow, turning my head
to look back
at what I've left behind:
I see a collection of
Shadows and dark shapes
they gather and with force
push me farther towards my
bright destination.

I turn my head back
and watch where I'm heading
his hand with mine, he leads me
I follow, my fetters falling
as the shackles loosen
I walk in his footsteps and
we Become one.

I am Home.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Awesome!

chicklegirl said...

Really beautiful. Loved the parts in the last stanza about the fetters and shackles loosing. I'm so glad you posted some poetry--which reminds me, we have some unfinished business. All I will say is: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! (you know what I'm talking about)

chicklegirl said...

P.S. No pressure; just email me when you're ready. :)