Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend: The Saga


Lisa and I took a trip down to Utah for memorial day Weekend. We had made tentative plans to see some of each of our family, and Ruth had gotten us discount tickets to Lagoon, a wild-waves-ish theme park, so we were pretty pumped to go.
We hung out at Ruths when we got there, and Lisa FELL IN LOVE.
I can't say I blame her.


I also got to see Mahana, Marky, and their families, which was really fun.  Mark is working on an awesome old caddy, and we went for a joyride (its a convertible!)
Here's me and Abby (bobbers). CUTE!!


Its Saturday night and Lisa and I were relaxing at Ruth and Aaron's house (they had gone camping). I remembered that Aaron had asked me to move the sprinkler, so I venture outside to move it....and fall in a hole. Long story short, my ankle was at about a 45 degree angle from where it is normally, I couldn't walk on it, tried to scream for lisa to help me but she was in the shower, and so I crawled into the house and called Mom to tell me what to do. What can I say, I'm still completely dependent on her! :) She advised me to go to the hospital, so I called Mahana to come and pick me up to take me to the hospital. Mahana had a finals deadline that night, but still came and got me. I love you, Mahana! I was supposed to take poor Lisa to see her sister, but she's the most amazing person in the world and went on an adventure to the hospital with me instead. 
Diagnosis: Crutches for a week. And I stuck to that for about two hours.  Because I have no upper body strength. But pain killers?  I like those.  And I feel sorry for anyone who has the misfortune to deal with me while I'm on them. My poor dance partner in Ballroom...He will be especially blessed for putting up with me. 
But I'm okay! Yay!


No comments: