Thursday, January 29, 2009

16 Things About Me

1. I can't watch movies without subtitles. It's simply impossible.

2. I am incredibly messy.  Every aspect of my life is messy. Usually it doesn't bother me. Sometimes it does.

3. I'm really good at cleaning.  If I'm in a cleaning mood or have to clean something (read:Camp) I'm incredibly thorough. Just don't expect me to be clean if I don't want to be.  You will be disappointed.

4. I REALLY like to cuddle especially with babies, and for no real particular reason. I probably want to cuddle with you.  And probably all the time.  If I touch you, don't take it as creepy or romantic. I just want to be close to you.

5. I tend to dwell on the past. I over-think and read too much into nearly everything.  This may very well be my biggest fault.

6. I judge people that use to, too, and two incorrectly. If you are one of these people. go get an education, PLEASE.

7. As soon as I'm a real adult, with my own apartment and a job, I will own at least three cuddly animals.  Also, although this may be another separate, random thing about me, I despise kittens and puppies.  They smell and are dumb. Their cuteness simply cannot make up for it.  Although they are very soft.

8. I never want to live in Utah, although someday I probably will.

9. I am terrified of Koalas. And Aliens.  If you talk about Aliens around me, I will most likely start humming or leave the room. Seriously. Just don't go there. I cried all the way through the second half of the latest Indiana Jones movie.

10. I have worked very hard to develop several talents.  However,  I never use any of them, so they are slowly going away. Someday I want to get them back. These include, but are not limited to: Playing the Drums, Singing, Swimming, Writing HTML, Acting, Speaking Spanish, Cooking, Riding Horses, and Sailing.

11. I will travel the world someday.  Someday soon.

12. I feel constantly and incredibly connected with the earth around me.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those tree-huggers who screams in agony when they happen upon a cut-down tree (not that there's anything wrong with that), but I am distinctly connected with nature. Someday I will live in a tree house and have a hobbit-garden.

13. Camp had been both the place in my life with the greatest joy and the greatest sadness. I will probably return to that island and least once a year for the rest of my life.  Actually, I will probably end up living there.

14. My religion does not define my spirituality.  My spirituality defines my religion.

15. I have a goal to read at least one non-school book a month this year. It probably won't happen.

16. My family are the most important people to me on earth. I wish I lived closer to them.  I wouldn't be who I am or have the ideals, dreams, or drive that I do without them in my life.  I love them more than words.

4 comments:

Dory said...

Thanks for sharing so much about yourself. I feel like I kind of know you better, somehow. I love you.

helgaruth said...

This was a great blog. I haven't laughed so hard since last night (Margaret spent the night and something funny happened - but I can't remember what). It was great and confirmed alot of things that I've discovered about you lately (hello...aliens!). I hope you had a great trip to Vegas!

Hilary said...

Good one, Meredith! That post was two funny! Hey, want too come visit? :)

Kate said...

Regarding #1. Amelie and Pans Labyrinth are the two most awesome movies ever!